More than 4,000 women entrepreneurs have registered on the Udyam Sakhi Portal with a record 943 registrations from Bihar.
Udyam Sakhi Portal, an initiative by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, aims to encourage women entrepreneurs and to aid, counsel, assist and protect their interests.
This portal was launched in early 2018 to provide information regarding the financial schemes, policies and programmes of the ministry to existing and prospective women entreprenuers.
The platform provides information relating to:
- Financial schemes of Ministry of MSME and other Central ministries such as Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme.
- Credit Guarantee Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE); MUDRA, etc.
- Policies and programmes of the Ministry of MSME and other Central ministries.
- Preparation of business plan.
- Details of nodal offices/supporting organisations of the Ministry of MSME in respective states.
- Information about exhibitions, trade fairs and international events organised or supported by the Ministry of MSME.
An expenditure of INR 43.52 lakhs was incurred for the development and smooth functioning of this portal.
In Bihar, out fo the 943 registriations, 445 were from the scheduled tribe category, Union Minister for MSME Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma informed in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.